Wednesday, October 10, 2012
response to V for Vendetta by Alan Moore and Steve Lloyd
The story V for Vendetta is about a freedom fighter who uses knife fighting tactics against the authoritarian society. I wouldn't say that he is the type of hero that usually pops into mind, but he is a hero more or less. Even with his brutal dark side with stabbing people of cousre. V can come out as a bad good guy, like one time he saved a girl from being raped by what seemed to be a priest or possibly the polp, but in order fo him to do that he had to kill the two guards to be able to get in, and he did that with no hesitation. I cant tell if it was a priest or the polp, because he had to kill two guards to get in so it might have been the polp.
The reason I don't think V is a good hero is because he is more vicous and brutal. If you think about it as good cop bad cop you would think of him as bad cop.You would think of bad cop because in V's case the good cop compared to bad cop V, would just throw the person in jail the, as for the bad cop V he just kills you. There fore bad cop. But of course he is hero more or less.
In conclusion I think V would be the bad guy if you're looking from the bad guy's point of view. He could also be a bad guy from anyone's point of view, if he wasn't using his swords and knives for good. But he willingly puts his skills to use where its is needed. Because I still don't know the backstory of V, I dont know much about his past life. Like why he does what he does or why V even exists. I wonder why he is a good guy, because he does have all the characteristcs of a good bad guy. Like the creepy mask and the careless ongoing murdering. There fore i wonder why he is or what drives him to be a good guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment